A few smaller projects that don't deserve their own pages yet. Pictures coming soon.
Racing Simulator E-Brake Conversion
I converted a cheap racing e-brake into one that could be recognized by a computer and used in racing games. I don't have a racing simulator so I sold it to a guy on kijiji.
The ebrake I modified.
A linear pot to measure the position of the piston. aka how far it is pulled back.
A picture of it on the kijiji guys racing simulator.
Per his request I upgraded it to have a cover for the arduino and a more durable plug to connect to his computer.
Lab Bench PSU
I found that retail lab bench power supplies were too expensive and did not have the voltage and amperage capabilities that I desired. So I built my own. I am still working on the enclosure. It can handle 48volts at 15amps.
My 3d printer was having some issues when I printed this case.
Created a front and rear light for my electric skateboard. They fit between the trucks and the deck. They light the road around to make me more visible at night. I still need to laser cut a piece of clouded acrylic to try and make the light more uniform. A 3D printed frame with soldered RGB LED light strips.
Custom Racing Drone
I build a custom first person view racing drone. It is way to fast, and I still have to practice and get used to the controls. It is very different operating it with the fpv goggles on.
The original carbon fiber frame I got.
The carbon fiber frame broke :( I am 3d printing a new one to see how well that will work.
Super MOdified Nerf gun
Built this to play with at Humans Vs Zombies. The zombies ran the other way.
The switch is to change it from 30% power to 60% power. Anything above that will shred the darts.
The grey plastic piece is a printed mount for the motors shown below.
Two of these are mounted inside and controlled by 30A ESC's. They spin opposite directions acting as flywheels.
Gas Bike Kit
I bought a cheap two stroke bike kit off of amazon and a cheap bike off kijiji that would fit it. I got to experiment with gas engines and was a fun little project.
This probably shouldn't be documented on the internet.